CHANNELS

Subscribe to the InfoTech eNewsletter

infoTECH Feature

October 02, 2012

Drum Roll Please...Yaser Wassef to Speak at Cloud4SMB Expo 2012

Since 1986, Asigra, Inc. has continued to evolve as a cloud backup, recovery and restore software provider. As cloud-based solutions and products are being introduced to the market on a daily basis, the company felt that it was important that EVP of the Harding Group Yaser Wassef travel to the Cloud4SMB Expo in Austin, Tex. which is currently underway.

This not-to-miss conference will highlight the needs and challenges small and medium-sized businesses (SMB) encounter when migrating to the cloud.

Recent findings highlight that over 43 percent of businesses suffer from a significant data loss that will in turn cause them to close the doors and shut the windows on their companies forever, while 51 percent will halt operations within a 24-month time frame. The chances of overcoming this almost unbeatable barrier is only 6 percent and the only way for a company to have any chance of coming back from a disaster like this at all is to have a cloud-powered backup and recovery solution ready and waiting.

Stated Wassef: “Small and medium-sized businesses face many challenges. One of the most formidable is protecting the vital information on servers, desktops, laptops and mobile devices that is distributed  across the business environment, often in  geographically remote offices and other facilities. Traditional tape backup schemes can be hit-or-miss propositions. Backup quality depends on local staff and equipment. Because information is crucial to daily operations, as well as legal compliance, protection of this data requires a modern approach that focuses on data recoverability. Cloud-based remote backup and recovery provides that solution.”

During his presentation titled, “Cloud-Powered BC/DR: How Will You Handle an Unexpected Disruption?, slated to occur today from 3:30-4:15 p.m.” he will not only explore the many benefits of a cloud backup offering, but detail ways to overcome a variety of data loss events.

The presentation will be moderated by Erin Harrison, executive editor of Strategic Initiatives for TMC (News - Alert), with multiple data protection experts, including The Harding Group. 

To find out more about Wassef and the Harding Group , visit the company at Cloud4SMB Expo, collocated with ITEXPO Austin 2012 happening now in Austin, TX. Wassef is speaking during “Cloud-Powered BC/DR: How Will You Handle an Unexpected Disruption?” For more information on Cloud4SMB Expo, click here.




Edited by Braden Becker
FOLLOW US

Subscribe to InfoTECH Spotlight eNews

InfoTECH Spotlight eNews delivers the latest news impacting technology in the IT industry each week. Sign up to receive FREE breaking news today!
FREE eNewsletter