Ubiquiti (News - Alert) Networks, a developer of network communication platforms, expanded its UniFi family of products with the launch of UniFi Video, a new line of video surveillance camera control software and a new generation of cameras, the UVC, UVC-Dome, and UVC-Pro models.
"We have invested significant R&D in fine tuning our video surveillance technology and developing UniFi Video," Ben Moore, vice president of business development at Ubiquiti Networks said in a statement.
"The launch of UniFi Video allows us to extend the capability of UniFi, adding more value to our Enterprise Technology offerings," Moore added.
According to the company, the new camera control software is backwards compatible with all Ubiquiti airVision cameras, and this is believed to have significantly improved the UI and functionality of the existing airVision platform.
The new offerings come with various enterprise-grade features, including:
- Advanced recording: All units support 720P recording, IR illumination, and a high-quality sensor. UVC Pro cameras also support 1080p recording, extreme weather protection and 3x zoom.
- Live view and HD feed capability: This facility allows users to view multiple live camera feeds in highly customizable arrangements, and live feeds and recordings are high resolution supporting up to 1080p/30FPS.
- Simple configuration and software/firmware upgrades: Integration with Ubiquiti cameras allows users to configure and upgrade any number of cameras easily and quickly all within the UniFi Video user interface.
- Comprehensive controller dashboard: Interactive statistical graphs aid in quickly finding and viewing recordings and zone analytics allow users to precisely define areas of interest for motion recording and notification, including a heat map for motion-triggered video recordings.
- Access controls: User and user group functionality gives access for multiple users with different permissions.
- Easy remote management: Email alerts allow near instant notification of when motion occurs and a mobile web UI allows the viewing of recordings and status of security while on the road or away from location.
- Broadcast capability to third-party software: The controller can broadcast managed video streams to third-party software to manage and review video feeds.
In another announcement, Ubiquiti expressed its pleasure toward the FCC’s (News - Alert) recognition of the 5GHz spectrum with its move to add 100MHz to the band.
Edited by Maurice Nagle