Future Systems Solutions, a company specializing in software solutions for the PC, has announced the version 7.0 of its Casper solution.
Casper is Future Systems’ backup and disk cloning solution designed specifically for computer technicians, system integrators, and IT departments. Designed exclusively for Windows, Casper makes it a snap to keep a complete, instantly-bootable backup hard disk for system. When a disaster strikes, users can use their backup as a complete and immediate replacement for their original hard disk.
In a release, Future Systems claims that its new Casper 7.0 Tech Edition makes it faster and easier than ever to upgrade, replace, back up, restore, and re-image Windows system disks on servers, desktops, and laptops alike. New functionality adds support for creating, maintaining, and restoring disk image file backups that can be stored virtually anywhere, including network attached storage devices and drives containing other data.
Casper 7.0 boasts new features which include:
· Disk Image File Backups - create, maintain, and restore disk image files, which can be stored virtually anywhere.
· Startup Disk Creator Wizard - create a customized startup environment for Casper Tech Edition with options to add additional storage and network drivers, custom drivers, custom network settings, and more.
· SmartStart Wizard - greatly simplifies the process of replacing an existing Windows system disk with a new disk.
· New Streamlined Interface - enables faster and easier hard disk upgrades and managed backups.
· Enhanced AccuClone Technology - provides additional support for cloning larger drives to smaller drives, making migration to Solid State Drives faster than ever.
· Casper SmartRelease - automatically prepares portable drives for safe removal after a copy has been completed.
Enhanced Solid State Drive (SSD) and Advanced Format Drive Support offers additional support for identifying solid state and Advanced Format drives. With automatic detection of new disks, Casper 7.0 Tech Edition enables commonly performed disk upgrades and replacements to be started with a single click.
Future Systems Solutions also recently announced its backup and disk cloning solution specifically for Windows Servers, Casper Secure 3.0 Server Edition.
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO West 2012, taking place Oct. 2-5, in Austin, TX. Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO (News - Alert). Follow us on Twitter.