Managed File Transfer: Linchpin to Cloud Stickiness
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tgddkb/managed_file) has announced the addition of the "Managed File Transfer: Linchpin to Cloud Stickiness " report to their offering.
Simplistically speaking, MFT is purpose-built middleware that facilitates secure and reliable file transfers between business entities. In more practical terms, MFT mitigates the complexities that arise in establishing and completing file transfers in B2B settings; especially those that are a part of mission-critical workflows. Common capabilities found in MFT solutions include:
- On-boarding - Establishes and validates, preferably with minimal administrator involvement, system-to-system handshakes between file transfer parties.
- Automation - Automates and schedules file transfer jobs.
- Protocol Translations - Completes in-flow translations between communication protocols.
- File Delivery Assurance - Monitors file transmissions for timeliness (sent and arrived within scheduled window); correctness (went only to the authorized destination(s)); and integrity (arrived unaltered). If errors occur, file owners or MFT administrators are alerted or, depending on the error, the MFT system automatically corrects for the error or disruption (e.g., resumes interrupted transmissions).
- Data Privacy - Encrypts files at rest and in motion, with support for unique per-file encryption keys.
- Operational Security - Controls administrator and user access to the MFT system and files; integrates with user directories (e.g., Microsoft Active Directory and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol - LDAP); and supports strong authentication and single sign-on.
- File Security - Integrates with anti-virus programs to scan incoming and outgoing files.
- Auditing - Gathers comprehensive logs on all file transfer activities (administers' system activities, user actions, file transfers, file metadata, etc.) and supports forensic investigations.
Key Topics Covered:
2. What is Managed File Transfer?
3. Driving Interest in MFT
4. MFTaaS: a Natural Progression
5. MFTaaS Breaking Through Cloud Adoption Barriers
6. MFTaaS in Contributing to Sticky Cloud Adoption
7. Stratecast - The Last Word
8. About Stratecast
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tgddkb/managed_file
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Computing and Technology (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp?cat_id=4&campaign_id=tgddkb)
(c) 2014 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ InfoTech Spotlight's Homepage ]