Wireless and Data Center Optics Will Lead Market Growth in 2014
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lzshsv/wireless_and_data) has announced the addition of the "Wireless and Data Center Optics Will Lead Market Growth in 2014" report to their offering.
Sales of optical components and modules used in datacom and telecom networks increased steadily 2013. However, revenues of networking equipment suppliers remained stubbornly flat last year and their guidance for 2014 is not encouraging. While numerous network upgrade projects continue worldwide, fierce competition among suppliers of telecom equipment negatively impacts revenue growth, but increasing deployments of 100G in telecom networks helped suppliers of optics in 2013. Operators of mega datacenters tend to by-pass traditional datacom equipment suppliers, such as Cisco, but they are still purchasing optics, including 10GigE and 40GigE transceivers.
Analysis of publicly reported revenues of equipment vendors combined with confidential sales data of optical components and modules, collected by LightCounting, offer a unique insight into market dynamics, presented in this report. The report also presents analysis of network bandwidth growth calculated from data on shipments of opto-electronic interface modules employed in telecom, enterprise, and storage area networks. This approach to tracking the market offers an effective method for identifying the timing and scope of infrastructure upgrade cycles, technology transitions, and even product life cycles.
In addition to in-depth market analysis, this report offers summaries of the latest business developments and financial performance for leading equipment manufacturers. Quarterly sales database, offered with the report, includes sales data on more than 100 product categories covering the period from Q1 2012 to Q4 2013 for SONET/SDH, Ethernet, Fibre Channel, CWDM, DWDM, FTTx and Wireless Infrastructure transceivers, as well as high speed optical interconnects, including active optical cables and embedded optical modules.
Data for the report was provided by more than 25 leading module and component vendors.
Key Topics Covered:
- Sales of Optical Transceivers for wireless infrastructure are booming - Higher speed Ethernet is taking off
Section 1 Telecom Equipment Market and Vendor Highlights
- ADTRAN grows international business but questions remain - ADVA Optical Networking struggled in 2013
- Alcatel-Lucent's Shift Plan has a successful first year - Ciena's business improvement continues
- Ericssons revenues flat in 2013 .
- Fujitsu grows network product sales in 2013
- Huawei's relentless growth continues
- Nokia Solutions and Networks (NSN) struggles as it focuses on mobile
Section 2: Datacom Equipment Market and Vendor Highlights
- Brocade Networks refocuses on datacenters and SDN
- Cisco's growth streak ends
- EMC focuses on emerging storage systems as high-end systems slump - Emulex projects long-term decline in Fibre Channel business - HP may be stabilizing its revenues
- The shrinking IBM hardware business
- Juniper Networks benefits from strong service provider router sales - Mellanox gaining share in Ethernet
- QLogic undergoing further restructuring after continued weak sales
Section 3: Sales of Optical Components and Modules
- SONET/SDH Transceiver Market
- CWDM and DWDM Interfaces
- FTTx transceivers and BOSAs
- Optical modules for wireless infrastructure
- Ethernet transceivers
- Fibre Channel transceiver market
- Optical interconnect market
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lzshsv/wireless_and_data
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Telecommunications and Networks (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp?cat_id=20&campaign_id=lzshsv)
(c) 2014 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ InfoTech Spotlight's Homepage ]