North American Healthcare Cloud Computing Market 2014-2018
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7ppndd/north_american) has announced the addition of the "North American Healthcare Cloud Computing Market by Applications, Deployment, Service, Pricing & End Users - Forecast to 2018" report to their offering.
The market was valued at $1.7 billion in 2013 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 29.8% from 2013 to 2018, to reach $6.5 billion by 2018
Cloud computing is increasingly being adopted by healthcare providers and payers in North America. This report studies the North American healthcare cloud computing market over the forecast period of 2013 to 2018. .
The healthcare cloud computing market is categorized into five broad segments, namely, applications, deployment modes, services, pricing models, components, end users, and geography. The healthcare cloud computing market, by application, comprises clinical and non-clinical information systems applicable for the healthcare providers and payers industry. The clinical information system segment accounted for the largest share of the North American cloud computing market in 2013. Clinical information systems are further classified into EMR, PACS, CPOE, RIS, LIS, PIS, and Others. The non-clinical information systems are segmented into revenue cycle management, automatic patient billing, payroll, claims management, cost accounting, and others.
The market by deployment model includes private, public, and hybrid clouds. In 2013, the private cloud segment accounted for the largest share of the cloud computing market, by deployment. The services market in cloud computing is divided into software-as-a-service (SaaS), infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), and platform-as-a-service (PaaS). The pricing model market comprises the two majorly adopted models, namely, Pay-As-You-Go and Spot Pricing; the Pay-As-You-Go model accounted for the largest share of this market in 2013. The cloud computing market, by components, includes software, hardware, and services. The software segment accounted for the largest share of the North American healthcare cloud computing market, by component, in 2013. The North American healthcare cloud computing market by end-users is broadly categorized into healthcare payers and providers. Based on geography, the market is divided into the U.S. and Canada.
The adoption of the cloud technology enables the healthcare industry to reduced costs. Furthermore, this technology provides positive returns on investment. These are the key factors that are expected to drive the growth of this market. Furthermore, legislative reforms of the patient protection and affordable care act, improvements in storage technology, proliferation of new payment models, and greater flexibility and scalability of data have stimulated the use of cloud computing in the healthcare industry. The primary factors that are restraining the growth of this market include security and privacy concerns over the medical and patient data.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Executive Summary
3 North American Cloud Computing Healthcare Market Dynamics
- Evolution Of Cloud Computing In Healthcare
- Increased Adoption Of Information Technology To Boost Cloud Adoption And Reduce Healthcare Costs - Legislative Reform Of The Patient Protection And Affordable Care Act (Ppaca) - Dynamic Nature And Assortment Of Health Benefit Plan Designs - Proliferation Of New Payment Models
- Benefits Of Cloud Reduced Costs, Positive Returns On Investment (Roi), And Better Accessibility & Mobility - Improvements In Storage Technology
- Greater Flexibility And Scalability Of Data
- Safeguarding Patient Information Is A Crucial Task
- Interoperability & Standardization
- Migration From Legacy Systems Is Considered A Tedious Task By Providers - Telecloud
- Formation Of Accountable Care Organizations
4 North American Cloud Computing Healthcare Market, By Applications
- Clinical Information Systems (Cis)
- Electronic Medical Record (Emr)
- Picture Archiving & Communication System (Pacs)
- Radiology Information System (Ris)
- Computerized Physician Order Entry (Cpoe)
- Laboratory Information Management System (Lims)
- Pharmacy Information System (Pis)
- Revenue Cycle Management (Rcm)
- Automatic Patient Billing (Apb)
- Claims Management
- Cost Accounting
5 North American Cloud Computing Healthcare Market, By Deployment Model
- Private Cloud
- Public Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
- Community Cloud
6 North America Cloud Computing Healthcare Market, By Service Models
- Software-As-A-Service (Saas)
- Infrastructure-As-A-Service (Iaas)
- Platform-As-A-Service (Paas)
7 Cloud Computing Healthcare Market, By Pricing Model
- Pay-As-You-Go Model
- Spot Pricing Model
- Back-Up Power
- Installation Services & Ongoing It Support
8 North American Cloud Computing Healthcare Market, By Component
9 North America Cloud Computing Healthcare Market, By End Users
- Healthcare Providers
- Healthcare Payers
- Cloud Computing Deployment In Healthcare Providers And Payers
10 Geographic Analysis
- Factors Influencing Cloud Computing Market Dynamics
- Cloud Computing Is An Ideal Solution For Handling The Growing Amount Of Data In Medical Imaging - Conferences To Propel Growth By Creating Awareness & Product Knowledge - Rise In Insurance Enrollments Triggered By Patient Protection And Affordable Care Act (March 2010) - Incessantly Rising Emr Adoption
- Inadequate It Infrastructure Amongst Payers - A Major Growth Factor - U.S. Healthcare Cloud Computing Market
- Canada Healthcare Cloud Computing Market
11 Competitive Landscape
12 Company Profiles
- Athenahealth, Inc.
- Carecloud Corporation
- Carestream Health, Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Cleardata Networks, Inc.
- Dell, Inc.
- Emc Corporation
- Global Net Access (Gnax) Health
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- IBM Corporation
- Iron Mountain, Inc.
- Merge Healthcare, Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Vmware, Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7ppndd/north_american
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Healthcare and Medical Devices (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp?cat_id=12&campaign_id=7ppndd), Storage (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp?cat_id=130&campaign_id=7ppndd)
(c) 2014 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ InfoTech Spotlight's Homepage ]