Oilfield Communications Market 2014-2019: Upstream/Midstream, Unified, M2M, Conferencing, WiMax, VSAT, Onshore and Offshore Communications
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dghbqp/oilfield) has announced the addition of the "Oilfield Communications Market 2014-2019: Upstream/Midstream, Unified, M2M, Conferencing, WiMax, VSAT, Onshore and Offshore Communications" report to their offering.
The operational efficiency of multiple remote onshore and offshore field locations, largely depend on a fast and reliable communication network. In order to increase oil production, oil exploration companies are constantly looking for oilfields in remote harsh environments, which even present a range of operational challenges. As major oil exploration companies are setting their operations in remote and harsh fields, the demand for high-bandwidth communication solutions is on the rise. This requirement has tremendously grown over the last several years. Most of the largest oil exploration companies are upgrading the exploration and production processes as well as the downstream processes on oil fields.
Oilfield operators are employing more advanced technologies on the rigs; so that they do not need to have as many people on the site. These new applications that allow for remote monitoring require more bandwidth. Sometimes, on a deep-water platform, the drilling companies have to invest up to a million dollars or in excess of that, in additional equipment, to allow for this remote management capability. Very small aperture terminal (VSAT) and fiber-optic communication networks are highly used across the entire value chain of the oil and gas sector for voice and data communication. The emergence of cloud services, video conferencing, and cyber security has increased the burden on fast and reliable communication infrastructure on field site. The concept of digital oilfield hugely relies on robust IT infrastructure and automation and communication network. The digital oilfield demands variables that include reliability, integration, security, scalability, openness, and control.
The oilfield communications research report outlines the key trends and market sizing and forecasting for emerging technologies in the oilfield communication sector. The report also emphasizes key global adoption trends, future growth potential submarkets, key drivers, competitive outlook, restraints, opportunities, and oilfield communications market ecosystem. Some of the potential and emerging technologies and solutions for oilfield communication include machine to machine (M2M) communication, unified communication, video conferencing, and WiMAX. The adoption of advanced communication technologies in the entire value chain of oil and gas sector plays a great role in achieving the operational and efficiency targets set by oil and gas companies.
Scope of the Report
- Solutions: Upstream communication solutions, midstream communication solutions and downstream communication solutions - Communication network technologies: Cellular communication network, very small aperture terminal (VSAT) network, fiber-optic-based communication network, microwave communication network, and TETRA network - Field site: Onshore communication market and offshore communication market - Services: Professional services, cloud hosting services, and system integration services
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Market Overview
- Oilfield Communications: Market Size, Analysis And Forecast By Solutions - Oilfield Communications: Market Size, Analysis And Forecast By Communication Network Technology - Oilfield Communications: Market Size, Analysis And Forecast By Field Site - Oilfield Communications: Market Size, Analysis And Forecast By Services - Oilfield Communications: Market Size, Analysis And Forecast By Regions - Oilfield Communications: Market Landscape
- Company Profiles
- Alcatel-Lucent International
- Erf Wireless, Inc.
- Harris Caprock Communications, Inc.
- Hermes Datacommunications International Ltd.
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Hughes Network Systems Llc
- Inmarsat Plc
- Itc Global, Inc.
- Redline Communications, Inc.
- Rignet, Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dghbqp/oilfield
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Telecommunications and Networks (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp?cat_id=20&campaign_id=dghbqp), Oil (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp?cat_id=46&campaign_id=dghbqp)
(c) 2014 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ InfoTech Spotlight's Homepage ]