Probabilistic Chip Trends - Global Market Overview 2014 Featuring Analog Devices & Lyric Semiconductor
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/88vh47/probabilistic) has announced the addition of the "Probabilistic Chip Trends" report to their offering.
Scaling to nanometer levels and simultaneously sustaining Moore's law pose a number of challenges such as parameter variations, noise and various device perturbations. Such probabilistic or statistical behavior occurs at device level of every transistor. In order to address the critical requirement, a modern approach to statistical designs and error tolerance in the form of a new set of probabilistic architectures, referred to as probabilistic system-on-a-chip (PSOC) is being implemented.
The report highlights the development of probabilistic complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (PCMOS) technology, and also illustrates the energy savings at the device level and considerable performance and energy advantages at the application level. In addition, the report briefs about the PSOC architecture focusing on harnessing probabilistic behavior of a PCMOS device to develop architectural primitives featuring definite statistical behaviors.
Key Topics Covered:
1. PROBABILISTIC CHIPS - A FOCUS REPORT
- Modern Microchip
- PCMOS Technology Offers Considerable Energy Saving and Fast Calculation
2. NOTEWORTHY MARKET PARTICIPANTS
- Analog Devices, Inc. (USA)
- Lyric Semiconductor, Inc. (USA)
3. CORPORATE INITIATIVES
- Analog Devices Takes Over Lyric Semiconductor
- ISAID Collaborates with CSEM to Unveil New Pruning Technique - Lyric Semiconductor Unveils New Error Correction Chip for Flash Memory - Lyric Semiconductor Develops New Chip Architecture to Accelerate Computation of Large Data Applications - Lyric Semiconductor Unveils New Probability Processing Technology
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/88vh47/probabilistic
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Advanced Technology (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp?cat_id=31&campaign_id=88vh47), Semiconductor (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp?cat_id=102&campaign_id=88vh47)
(c) 2014 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ InfoTech Spotlight's Homepage ]