Entry-Level Fujitsu Business-centric Storage Delivers Breakthrough in Enterprise-Class Performance Levels
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) London - Fujitsu today announces that its entry-level ETERNUS DX200 S3 flexible modular disk storage systems are able to deliver enterprise-class performance levels, taking the crown as the world's fastest data retrieval and access speeds in the mid-range Dual Controller Storage Arrays sector.
As confirmed by the publication of the latest SPC Benchmark-1 from the Storage Performance Council, Fujitsu's latest generation of entry-level systems, focused on delivering Business-centric Storage, have again set best-in-class benchmark performance.
With the ETERNUS DX200 S3, Fujitsu brings affordable big data analytics on high-performance systems within reach of small and mid-size businesses, even when restricted by limited budgets. Thanks to one of the industry's highest levels of price-related system performance, the Fujitsu ETERNUS DX200 S3 ensures that running compute resource-intensive real-time business analytics is more affordable than ever.
Pricing and availability
The full range of ETERNUS DX S3 systems and ETERNUS SF16 management software are generally available with immediate effect, sold directly and via Fujitsu Channel Partners. Prices vary depending on configuration.
Notes to editors
- With the latest SPC Benchmark-1 from the Storage Performance Council, Fujitsu ETERNUS DX200 S3 has beaten all mid-range Dual Controller Arrays and also some multi-controller enterprise class storage systems in terms of IOPS, $/IOPS and response time.
- The Storage Performance Council (SPC) is a vendor-neutral standards body focused on the storage industry. It created the first industry-standard performance benchmark targeted at the needs and concerns of the storage industry. SPC benchmarks provide a rigorous, audited and reliable measure of performance. Further information is available online at http://www.storageperformance.org
- With a response time of 0.63 milliseconds at 100 per cent load the ETERNUS DX200 S3 achieved the highest scores ever in the history of the SPC-1 benchmark.
- As it is able to run more than 200,000 SPC-1 IOPS, Fujitsu's entry-level system plays in the same league as much higher-priced mid-range and enterprise systems, with a similar level of performance to many all-flash arrays.
- The dual-controller ETERNUS DX200 S3 offers an outstanding price performance level of US $0.77 / SPC-1 IOPS.
- Fujitsu subscribes to SPC Benchmark testing as a valid and independent way for customers to judge performance results; http://www.storageperformance.org/specs
- The SPC Benchmark-1 test program is designed to simulate business critical applications processing many complex transactions. Pseudo-operational workloads of Online Transactions (OLTP), database operations, and mail systems are recreated to measure random access read/write performance.
- ETERNUS DX family: http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/products/computing/storage/disk/eternus/
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.4 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com
Fujitsu UK & Ireland
Fujitsu UK & Ireland is a leading IT systems, services and products company employing over 10,100 people with an annual revenue of 1.6 billion. Additionally, Fujitsu's other operations in the UK bring its total employee numbers to over 14,000 and its total revenues to 1.8 billion. Its business is in enabling its customers to realise their objectives by exploiting information technology through its integrated product and service portfolio. This includes consulting, applications, systems integration, managed services and product for customers in the private and public sectors including retail, financial services, telecoms, government, defence and consumer sectors. For more information, please see: http://uk.fujitsu.com
For further information please contact:
Tel: + 44 (0)20 7861 2800
Fujitsu UK & Ireland
Tel: + 44 (0) 843 354 9568
(c) 2014 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ InfoTech Spotlight's Homepage ]