Global M2M Competitive Landscape of Telecom Operators & Vendors 2013
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g67jgl/global_m2m) has announced the addition of the "Global M2M Competitive Landscape of Telecom Operators & Vendors 2013" report to their offering.
This research report highlights the M2M (Machine to Machine) capabilities of the leading telecom operators through brief sections such as the key focus areas in M2M, Sales Approach & Strategy, Business/Engagement Approach, Partnerships & Alliances, M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions) Details, Key Customers and a summarized overview of the M2M Product/Services offerings.
The wireless M2M market has become a key focus area for leading mobile network operators as their traditional voice market is becoming saturated and operators are shifting the focus towards new services using cellular connectivity and data services to drive revenues. Though, the ARPU (Average Revenue per User) from the M2M services offerings is relatively low at present, it is likely to increase on gaining more acceptance from the enterprises.
Currently, most M2M companies focus on the enterprise segment, though the retail sector would also be benefited from once companies start shifting their focus towards it. For instance, the Government and regulatory initiatives such as the EU initiatives to have a smart meter penetration level of 80% by 2020 and the mandatory inclusion of automotive safety systems such as eCall in all new car models, have also helped to drive overall wireless M2M connections and revenue. Eyeing this lucrative opportunity, vendors and service providers across the highly fragmented M2M value chain have become increasing innovative in their strategies and technology offerings which have given rise to a number of submarkets such as M2M Network Security, Connected Device Platforms (CDP) and M2M Application Platforms.
- The cellular M2M connections is expected to witness a CAGR of 27.2 % between 2011-2016 to reach 359.3 million, with Asia-Pacific region expected to register the highest growth rate owing to increased adoption, as M2M service penetration is currently very low.
- Most wireless operators currently focus on the B2B segment and still consider M2M to be in the niche stage and hence maintain limited geographic and vertical focus.
- Most of the operators have a distinct business approach, dedicated M2M focus, partnerships with vendors to mutually leverage the capabilities for the M2M opportunity.
- Transport, Utilities, Healthcare, Automotives are the key verticals which the leading operators are currently focusing upon.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Introduction to Wireless M2M
3. M2M Market Scenario in India
3.1. Can 3G and 4G be considered to fuel the M2M market growth in India 3.2. M2M addressing major issues of the Indian Economy
3.3. Challenges posing the Indian M2M market
4. Global Telecom Operators and M2M
4.9. China Mobile
4.10. Deutsche Telekom
4.13. China Telecom
5. M2M Vendors Competitive Landscape
5.1. Sierra Wireless
5.2. Novatel Wireless
5.5. Oberthur Technologies
5.6. Jasper Wireless
6. Key Contracts in M2M Market
7. Key Partnerships & Alliances in M2M Market
8. Key Product Launches & Initiatives in M2M Market
9. Key M&As in the M2M Market
10. Case Study Snapshots in the M2M Market
10.1. Verizon Wireless and International Truck and Engine Corporation 10.2. Sprint and The St. Louis County Police Department 10.3. KPN and Oskomera Group
10.4. Telstra and Reid Stockfeeds
10.5. Telstra and Brasserie Bread
10.6. KPN and Konica Minolta
10.7. Vodafone and Zenith Hygiene Group
11. Key Statistics & Forecast for M2M
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g67jgl/global_m2m
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Telecommunications and Networks (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp?cat_id=20&campaign_id=g67jgl)
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.com on the world wide web. Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org)).
(c) 2013 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ InfoTech Spotlight's Homepage ]