ITU Telecom World 2013 announces influential speaker line-up
Sep 06, 2013 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) --
ITU Telecom World 2013 announces influential speaker line-up -
Key ICT players to convene in Bangkok, 19-22 November
Geneva, 6 September 2013 - Leading lights from government and industry will join forces at ITU Telecom World 2013 to explore the best and most beneficial ways to embrace change in a digital world. The event, which recently opened delegate registration, offering early bird discounts for those registering before 15 September, will feature a dynamic global set of participants, including:
Group Captain Anudith Nakornthap, Minister, MICT, Thailand; Yunus Carrim, Minister of Communications, South Africa; Omobola Johnson, Minister Communications Technology, Nigeria; Mohammed Nasser Al Ghanim, Chairman, TRA, UAE; Pham Hong Hai, Director-General, VNTA, Viet Nam; Sheikh Abdullah Bin Mohammed Saud Al-Thani, Chairman, Ooredoo, Jon Eddy Abdullah, CEO, DTAC; Jon Fredrik Baksaas, President & CEO, Telenor, Tom Choi, CEO, Asia Broadcast Satellite; John Davies, VP, World Ahead Programme, Intel; Keng Thai Leong, Chairman, Personal Data Protection Commission, Singapore and Sipho Maseko, CEO Telkom SA. Click here for a snapshot of speakers.
"From the impact of Big Data or the changing competitive landscape to crucial debates on how world citizens can ensure their privacy in our digital world, the conversations at ITU Telecom World 2013 promise an in-depth exploration of the lasting impact of ICT industry change and how best to harness this for the benefit of our global society," said ITU Secretary-General Hamadoun Toure.
Selected conversations taking place at ITU Telecom World 2013 will include:
- Regional Leaders' Round Table: Perspectives on changing business models, bringing together key regional players, including Telenor & Ooredoo
- The Social and Mobile App World - Friend or foe: The impact of social media/mobile apps and what to expect next
- Mobile Technology and Productivity in the Enterprise: How can mobile apps be used to transform the way we do business?
- Internet of Things: The challenge of enabling future connectivity, with sound business goals and reliable platforms, for the benefit of all
- The World of Big Data: How to best balance the needs of the individual within the global digital community. Whose rules apply to whom and what should stakeholders do differently?
For the full forum programme, click http://world2013.itu.int/event/programme/ and for a snapshot of speakers, please click http://world2013.itu.int/event/speakers/
Event Registration is now open, with early bird discounts of 50% for delegates registering by 15 September. To register as a delegate for the event, please click http://world2013.itu.int/participate/attend/
Media Accreditation for ITU Telecom World 2013 is now open, please click www.itu.int/en/Pages/media-accreditation.aspx to accredit for the event.
For more information, please http://world2013.itu.int/ or contact:
Chief, Media Relations and Public Information
Tel: +41 22 730 5046
Mobile: +41 79 249 4861
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.com on the world wide web. Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[ InfoTech Spotlight's Homepage ]