LUMIX DMC-LF1 The Superior Camera Choice for Challenging Shooting Conditions
SECAUCUS, N.J., April 24, 2013 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --
Panasonic is proud to announce a new digital pocketable compact camera LUMIX DMC-LF1(LF1), part of the new LF series - a sister line of the world-renowned LX series which have been long acclaimed by photo enthusiasts for its high picture quality and creative ability. The new LF1 incorporates a 0.2-inch 200K-dotpractical EVF, the LF1 features 3-inch large 920K-dot Intelligent LCD, assuring highly visibility in both shooting and image playback. An F2.0 LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON lens and 1/1.7-inch large High Sensitivity MOS Sensor are integrated into a sleek, stylish profile. The F2.0 fast LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON lens boasts excellent performance and achieves 7.1x high optical zoom (35mm camera equivalent: 28-200mm) making this camera even more versatile. The 1/1.7-inch large High Sensitivity MOS Sensor and the high performance Venus Engine achieves clear image recording even at high sensitivity, taking advantage of the rich amount of light.
With Wi-Fi® connectivity with NFC (Near Field Communication) technology, the LF1 features "Touch & Share" in which users can connect the camera to their smartphone/tablet anywhere with one touch to share an image easily right on the spot. It is also possible to use a smartphone/tablet as a multi-capable remote shutter with a monitor. With the new Instant Transfer function, photos are automatically sent to the smartphone/tablet right after shooting. Additionally, both photo and video can be archived to the registered digital device such as a PC automatically via the wireless access point (router) at home.
For step-up users who pursue higher expressive performance, the LF1 comes equipped with a variety of manual functionalities. Newly integrated Control Ring and Composition Guide help the user experience advanced photography with ease. A variety of special effects that add fun to the shooting experience are also integrated in LF1-Creative Panorama, Creative Control and Creative Retouch, featuring a total of maximum 15 attractive filter effects*.
The LF1 records 1,920 x 1,080 60i (NTSC) full-HD video recording in AVCHD / MP4** with high quality stereo sound. The 7.1x optical zoom is also available in video recording. The POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) with Active Mode powerfully suppresses blur even in video recording.
Advanced in function and more fashionable in design - the LF1 is for users who want to get more inspired by photography in their sophisticated lifestyles. *Some modes of Creative Control cannot be used in Creative Panorama and Creative Retouch. ** 30p (NTSC) / 25p MP4 recording. - Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [MP4] is 29 minutes 59 seconds or up to 4 GB. - You can check the recordable time on the screen. (For [FHD] in [MP4] format, the file size is large and so the recordable time will drop below 29 minutes 59 seconds.)
1. Practical EVF and Large, High Resolution LCD for Easy Viewing of Image The LF1 is a premium sleek, stylish digital compact camera with the *only 0.2-inch EVF with an adjustable diopter (Electronic Viewfinder) in its class. Its EVF features 200K-dot resolution and 100% field of view. It assures stable framing and high visibility of live view image even under strong sunlight.
The 3.0-inch, 920,000-dot Intelligent LCD with super high resolution and a wide viewing angle features automatic brightness adjustment in 7 steps as the surrounding brightness level changes, ensuring easy visibility at all times. The big screen with AR coating reflects fine details, making it easy to check the focus before shooting. It also serves as a small photo and video viewer, allowing the user and friends to enjoy viewing the still and motion images together. * For compact premium point and shoot at the time of this announcement.
2. The F2.0 Fast LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON Lens with 7.1x Optical Zoom The LF1 is equipped with newly developed 28mm wide angle LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON lens with 7.1x optical zoom (35mm camera equivalent: 28-200mm). This superb lens features F2.0 high speed, which boasts approximately twice the speed of an F2.8 lens. The extraordinarily rich amount of light allows not only higher shutter speed to capture stunningly clear, sharp, blur-free images in low lighting, but also delivering impressive expression to the image by reproducing exquisite gradation and mellow defocus. The lens unit consists of 10 elements in 8 groups with 4 aspherical lenses with 7 aspherical surfaces including an ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lens that compensates for chromatic aberration at entire zoom range.
The super-high-quality LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON lens minimizes distortion at the wide end, so users can get stunning, true-to-life images with outstanding resolution and detail. For more effective countermeasures against hand-shake which tends to occur in shooting with a long zoom, POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) with Active Mode is equipped with the LF1 to powerfully suppress blur in both photo and video recording.
3. The Large 1/1.7-inch 12.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS Sensor and Venus Engine The LF1 integrates a large 1/1.7-inch, 12.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS Sensor which is larger in size than standard digital compact cameras. Thanks to the extensive light receiving area of each cell, the performance of image recording in low light is superior with its excellent wide dynamic range. The result is a high resolution image with stunning clarity not only in high sensitivity recording but also in low ISO settings reproducing rich gradation with the exquisitely wide dynamic range even when there is a great deal of contrast in the subject.
The high performance image processor Venus Engine also boasts advanced signal processing. The Venus Engine enables deliberate noise reduction processing without missing low-frequency noise by searching a large detection area to achieve high sensitivity image recording even at ISO 12,800. In addition, Edge Smoothing NR technology helps render smooth edges even at high ISO settings.
The high speed digital signal output technology is integrated to realize high speed consecutive shooting at 10 fps in full resolution with mechanical shutter and to record full-HD 60i (NTSC) smooth video in AVCHD/MP4*. It also contributes to the high speed Sonic Speed AF to catch the most fleeting shooting opportunities. In addition, the high speed burst shooting at 60 fps is available to capture subject with fast motion**. * 30p (NTSC) MP4 recording. ** In max.2.5-megapixel (4:3), 3-megapixel (3:2), 3.5-megapixel (16:9) and 2-megapixel (1:1)
4. Creative Panorama & Creative Control / Creative Retouch The LF1 is also equipped with popular Creative Control and Creative Retouch featuring a total of 15 filter effects - Retro, Expressive, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Toy Effect, Miniature Effect, Star Filter, Cross Process, Soft Focus, One Point Color and Old Days. The Creative Control lets users shoot with a filter effect while checking how it makes a difference in the picture, which can also be used for video recording, too*. The Creative Retouch enables applying a filter effect on the picture even after shooting in camera.
With the Creative Panorama function, it is possible to apply filter effect of Retro, Expressive, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Star Filter, Cross Process, Soft Focus, One Point Color and Old Days to the horizontal / vertical panoramic image, which can be shot by sweeping the camera in any four directions - to the right, left, top or bottom.
-- Soft Focus and Star Filter cannot be used in video recording.
5. Get More Inspired with Specialty Functions A variety of advanced functions are equipped with LF1 to spur more interest of step-up users in photography. Manual control is easy thanks to the Control Ring, which enables direct, intuitive control over frequently-used settings - zooming, aperture, shutter speed, ISO sensitivity and filter of Creative Control / Creative Panorama. To assist learning photography, Composition Guide is also available in LF1. It is easy to shoot a photo with great composition by just choosing most suitable pattern of composition from- Rule of Thirds Offset, Diagonal Lines, Tunnel, Radiation1, Radiation2 and S-shape - and framing the subjects along the guided lines. Furthermore, LF1 is equipped with Level Gauge to detect the horizontal / vertical angle of view using its internal level working with the acceleration sensor. This is helpful to keep horizontal composition precisely even when shooting at a high or low angle.
6. Shoot, View, Share Images in More Flexible Way with Wi-Fi® Connectivity with NFC The LF1 integrates a Wi-Fi® connectivity (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n) with NFC (Near Field Communication) technology to offer a more flexible shooting experience and instant image sharing with easy operation. The NFC allows "Touch & Share" in which users can connect the camera to their smartphone/tablet anywhere at one touch to share an image easily right on the spot by just pairing the two devices. What is new is that the setup is extremely easy and finishes within seconds, making it possible to pair the camera directly to the smartphone/tablet without connection procedure of information input for authorization.
With a smartphone/tablet, remote shooting of both photo and video is available by using the smartphone/tablet for a remote shutter with a monitor which displays live at a smooth 30 fps. Not only the shutter release, but also zooming, focusing and settings of shutter speed, aperture, and exposure compensation are all controllable with a smartphone/tablet.
The Instant Transfer function allows the camera to transfer the photo data to the designated electronic devices automatically whenever the shutter is released. In playback mode, users can also touch the image displayed on the camera to transfer it directly to the smartphone/tablet right on the spot. In addition, it is possible to tag the location information to the image by utilizing the GPS (Global Positioning System) log of a smartphone / tablet. All these flexible shooting / browsing / sharing styles are made possible with the LF1 and Panasonic's dedicated application software "Panasonic Image App" for iOS / Android smartphones/tablets.
Archiving images also becomes easy. The LF1 transfers the data to a PC or other compliant electronic devices automatically via the wireless access point (router) at home. Also, users can save precious memories to Panasonic's exclusive cloud service "LUMIX CLUB".
The Wi-Fi Direct(TM) function allows direct playback of images on the DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) - compliant VIERA HDTV*.
* Using [Playback on TV] of the Wi-Fi function, you can display images on a TV that supports the Digital Media Renderer (DMR) function of the DLNA standard. Please check the following website about the compatible devices for details. http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/
7. Other Attractive Features for LF1 High Quality 1920 x 1080 Full-HD 60i (NTSC) Video with Stereo Sound The LF1 records 1920 x 1080 at 60i (NTSC) full HD videos with full-time AF and high quality stereo sound in the AVCHD format which excels in both compression efficiency and compatibility with AV equipment for playback. With a dedicated video record button on the back, users can instantly start recording videos while shooting photos without having to make any extra setting adjustments. Videos can also be recorded in MP4 format for playback on a PC or other portable electronic devices without having to convert the files. * 30p (NTSC) in MP4 recording. - Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [MP4] is 29 minutes 59 seconds or up to 4 GB. - You can check the recordable time on the screen. (For [FHD] in [MP4] format, the file size is large and so the recordable time will drop below 29 minutes 59 seconds.)
iA+ (Intelligent Auto Plus) Mode for Photo and Video For beginners, iA (Intelligent Auto) mode supports taking beautiful pictures with a variety of shooting-assist functions including AF Tracking, Intelligent Scene Selector, Face Recognition and Intelligent ISO Control. The iA Plus mode lets users adjust the defocusing area in the background, exposure compensation and white balance for more flexible control.
AC / USB Power Charging The camera's battery can be recharged either via AC or via USB according to the users' convenience.
About Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America Based in Secaucus, N.J., Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America, a Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American Subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. marketing, sales, service and R&D operations, offers a wide-range of consumer solutions in the U.S. and Canada. The Company's portfolio of innovative consumer products ranges from VIERA Full HD 3D Televisions, Blu-ray players, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Audio, Cordless Phones, Home Appliances, Wellness and Personal Care products and more.
Panasonic is pledged to practice prudent, sustainable use of the earth's natural resources and protect our environment through the company's Eco Ideas programs. In the 2012 Interbrand Annual Best Global Green Brands ranking, the Panasonic brand jumped four spots to number six: http://www.interbrand.com/en/best-global-brands/Best-Global-Green-Brands/2012-Report.aspx. Follow Panasonic on Twitter @PanasonicUSA, and additional company information for media is available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.
[ InfoTech Spotlight's Homepage ]