Imsi/design Ships Milestone Turbocad Pro and Pro Platinum
NOVATO, Mar 06, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE via COMTEX) --
IMSI(R)/Design, the developer of the #1 best-selling CAD in retail, announced today the release of TurboCAD Pro 20 and TurboCAD Pro Platinum 20.
"This is a big milestone for TurboCAD," stated Bob Mayer, COO of IMSI/Design. "It's been an honor to serve our CAD customers, both old and new, for over two decades. We think they'll find TurboCAD's new tools and enhancements worthy of a 20th anniversary release."
TurboCAD Pro v20 and TurboCAD Pro Platinum v20 new and enhanced features include:
More Realistic Renders
* New UV Mapping creates more realistic and varied materials for LightWorks rendering
* New RedSDK(R) v3 Rendering Engine makes several key operations faster
* New ACIS(R) R23 Modeling Engine for smoother operation
* Improved AutoCAD 2013 (DWG) filter offers continued enhancements for working with the latest AutoCAD(R) and AutoCAD LT files
* New 3D PDF filter supports export of 3D models to PDF which can be interactively viewed with Acrobat Reader (since v7)
* New/Improved Collada (DAE) filter provides greater import/export accuracy and performance working with Google(R) Earth
Advanced Mechanical Design & 3D Modeling
* New Split Face Smesh Editing Tool allows for quick division of a smooth surface mesh face so you can more precisely define the area you want to modify
* New Extrude Face Smesh Editing Tool lets users to quickly extrude a smooth surface mesh face along an extrusion path
* New Gear Contour Tool quickly creates and aligns gear shaped objects. Adjust properties including teeth number, diameter pitch, pressure angle, angle of rotation, hole diameter, and thickness
* New Selector Option for 3D Booleans easily selects multiple objects for 3D Boolean operations (3D add, 3D Subtract, and 3D Slice) using one of the new super selector modes
* New Hole Operations - Pattern points defined by 2D patterns can be used for 3D hole operations
* New AutoCAD 2D work-a-like mode allows users to switch from the tradition TurboCAD UI to the TurboCAD LTE UI, so users may work in an environment similar to AutoCAD with dynamic input and a command line
* New Export Coordinate Data derives point data from the geometry in models and drawings and exports the data in a standard CSV format
* New Print Window is a simply way to quickly print just what you want. Enter coordinate values, or simply drag the mouse over the area of your design you wish to print
* New Super Selector Modes offer more precise control over object selection for faster, easier modification of your drawing
- New Rectangle Selector Mode is a bidirectional selector
- New Window Polygon Selector Mode only selects objects inside a closed polygon
- New Crossing Polygon Selector Mode selects objects crossing or within a closed polygon
- New Fence Selector Mode selects objects touched by an open polygon
* New Previous Selection Function added to the selector dragger allowing users to quickly jump back to the last selection with which there was a modification, and restore the selection
More Powerful Drafting & Detailing
* New Associative Arrays greatly expands TurboCAD pattern tools. Users can now rapidly create parametric 3D patterns from a wide variety of entities including ACIS Objects (previously available), Surface Objects, 2D Objects, 3D Objects, and Blocks
* New Patterns from Compound Profiles uses the 2D elements of patterns for 3D object creation via Compound Profiles
* New Entity Marks - Create custom marks to better track objects and add information including:
- Property Sets Definitions - Data and visual components
- Multi-View Blocks - Composites of blocks which can include property sets definitions and/or define varying appearances depending upon the viewpoint of the block
* New Protractor Tool helps users rapidly create construction lines in 2D and 3D with a powerful dynamic display
* New Stellated Polygon Tool creates star-shaped polygon objects in two clicks! Adjust properties for a variety of 2D/3D shapes
* Improved Associative Viewport Dimensions lets users add dimensions to an object through a viewport in paperspace and the dimensions will update if the model changes
* New Drafting Object Reference Point allows users to manually redefine the reference points of drafting objects so you can adapt to changes in the model
* New Dimension Function - Linear and angular dimension tools now allow users to specify a fixed length for line extensions and the value for that length
Customer Feedback Program (CFP)
* The new, optional CFP helps build a better TurboCAD that better meets customers' needs. By analyzing real-world trends and patterns in TurboCAD usage, CFP helps optimize current product features, make positive changes for future releases, and better measure product performance and quality
* New Network Deployment Manager now allows network administrators to install, configure, and deploy multiple licensed copies of TurboCAD across your network server using Windows Server. Great for use in corporate, government, and educational settings
"The surprise feature in TurboCAD Pro 20 and Pro Platinum 20 may well be the new, optional AutoCAD 2D work-alike mode," added Mayer. "We think existing AutoCAD users will feel quite comfortable and happy with the extra things they can do with TurboCAD."
Availability and Pricing
TurboCAD Pro 20 is $1,495 and is now available. TurboCAD Pro Platinum 20 is $1,695 and is now available.
For more information or to upgrade online, please visit www.TurboCAD.com or call IMSI/Design at 1.800.833.8082 (+1.415.483.8000).
IMSI/Design is a pioneer in mobile solutions for the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry and the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design). With over 16 million products distributed since 1988, IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD(R), TurboViewer(R), TurboReview(R), TurboSite(R), and TurboFloorPlan(tm) families of precision design applications for mobile and desktop. Please visit www.IMSIdesign.com for more information.
(C) 2013 IMSI/Design, LLC. All rights reserved. IMSI and TurboCAD are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of IMSI/Design, LLC. AutoCAD is a registered trademark of Autodesk. All other identifiable marks are the property of their respective owners.
The IMSI/Design logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/ pkgid=15468
A photo accompanying this release is available at: http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/ pkgid=17477
[ InfoTech Spotlight's Homepage ]