Fujitsu Launches ARROWS A SoftBank 201F
Tokyo, Feb 14, 2013 (JCN Newswire via COMTEX) --
Fujitsu today announced that the new ARROWS A SoftBank 201F smartphone from Fujitsu Mobile Communications will be available only in Japan from SoftBank retailers beginning February 16, 2013.
Representing Fujitsu's second model offered through SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp., ARROWS A SoftBank 201F runs on the ultrafast SoftBank 4G data communications service(1) and features a 1.5 GHz quad-core CPU, offering the user an excellent experience with a wide variety of content. In addition, the smartphone boasts a 4.7-inch HD display that enables stunning high-resolution photo and video viewing. The high-spec smartphone employs an array of cutting-edge technologies, including a large-capacity 2,420 mAh battery for extended use, a high-performance 13.1 megapixel camera, and the Human Centric Engine from Fujitsu.
Faster communications speeds have led to explosive growth in data-intensive content and services, such as high-definition video and next-generation game apps. Enabling users to freely enjoy these kinds of rich content, however, requires ever faster CPU speeds and higher resolution LCD displays. To accommodate the needs of users who are looking for portability and ease of use, ARROWS A SoftBank 201F brings together high-spec capabilities while also boasting a large 4.7-inch display that maintains an easy-to-hold 65 mm-wide handset design. The new phone is available in four colors: Ocean Blue, White, Sparkling Pink, and Black.
1. Supports the ultrafast SoftBank communications service
The new smartphone is capable of download speeds up to 76Mbps. This makes it a breeze to download online videos, music content and other high-volume data. The handset also supports tethering, which enables convenient Internet connectivity between devices.
2. Speedy responsiveness through a 1.5 GHz quad-core CPU
Equipped with a quad-core 1.5 GHz Snapdragon(TM) S4 Pro APQ8064 processor, the 201F easily deals with process-heavy content. The processor is also power-efficient, helping to extend the handset's battery life.
3. 4.7-inch HD display for stunning graphics
The smartphone's 1,280 x 720 pixel HD display employs Super Clear Panel technology, which eliminates the layer of air between the LCD and touch panel. This, in turn, reduces the amount of reflection and dispersion created by ambient light, allowing for even more vivid colors. The phone also features the latest high-performance graphics processing engine that enables even further advanced color correction and clear texture rendering. As a result, users can enjoy all kinds of visual content - including 1seg broadcasts, videos, and still images from the phone's picture gallery - with natural and realistic colors and textures.
4. Human Centric Engine enables a richer and more convenient user experience
The new smartphone comes with an updated version of the Human Centric Engine from Fujitsu, which delivers optimal usability through cutting-edge sensing technology. In addition, the handset is equipped with newly added features such as "Awaseru View," which adjusts the display's color based on the user's age, and a support feature that prevents mistaken input from inadvertent touches, even if the user's fingers accidentally touch the edge of the screen.
5. Large-capacity 2,420 mAh battery for extended use and "NX!eco" app
The handset comes equipped with a 2,420 mAh battery, part of the largest class of smartphone batteries. Furthermore, by utilizing the included NX!eco application, which can integrate and configure separate power-saving settings, users can also enjoy the smartphone without having to worry about battery life. The enclosed AC adapter makes it possible to perform high-speed charging up to around 1.6 times(2) faster than the standard SoftBank AC adapter (ZTDAA1). This feature is convenient when in a hurry, such as on mornings when a user may have forgotten to charge the battery the night before.
6. High-performance 13.1 megapixel camera for capturing the perfect shot
ARROWS A SoftBank 201F's camera has received a performance overhaul aimed at achieving clearer, more user-friendly photography. The camera reduces blur and out-of-focus images, which can be encountered when capturing pictures in low light, thereby allowing users to take stunning photographs with unparalleled clarity. In addition, the camera also features a new user interface for greater ease of use. With a launch time of about 0.5 seconds(3), users never miss out on capturing the perfect snapshot.
7. Full-spec capabilities
The smartphone comes loaded with a host of convenient features, including a scratch- and fingerprint-resistant "Ultra Toughguard plus" coating, water-resistant (IPX5/8) and dust-resistant (IP5X) technology(4), DLNA connectivity, 1seg broadcasts, Osaifu-Keitai(R), and infrared communications.
(1) Ultrafast SoftBank 4G data communications service: SoftBank 4G uses the AXGP telecommunications standard. SoftBank 4G is named in compliance with the International Telecommunication Union's (ITU) naming convention that authorizes the use of the designation 4G even for devices based on technologies that only represent significant improvements over earlier 3G mobile telecommunications systems. The SoftBank 4G service can only be used on designated devices.
(2) Battery charging up to about 1.6 times faster: When charging from empty using a USB connector. Comparison based on battery volume charged per hour.
(3) Camera launch time of about 0.5 seconds: Launch time may be longer depending on the photography settings.
(4) IPX5/8 water resistance and IP5X dust resistance: IPX5 designation indicates that the mobile phone can normally function after being sprayed with water from a nozzle with a diameter of 6.3 mm at a rate of 12.5 liters per minute from a distance of 2.5-3.9m for a period of at least 3 minutes. The IPX8 designation indicates that the phone functions normally after being immersed in room-temperature tap water to a depth of 1.5 m for 30 minutes.
IP5X indicates that the mobile phone can be left in an environment with dust particles with a diameter of 75 micro-m or less for 8 hours, and continue to function and be used safely.
- Human Centric Engine is a registered trademark of Fujitsu Limited.
- DLNA is a registered trademark of Digital Living Network Alliance.
- Osaifu-Keitai is a registered trademark of NTT DOCOMO, Inc.
About Fujitsu Limited
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Over 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$54 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012. For more information, please see www.fujitsu.com.
Public and Investor Relations
[ InfoTech Spotlight's Homepage ]