Transmode Holding AB's Year- end Report 2012
(Thomson Reuters ONE via COMTEX) --
Stockholm, Sweden - 14 February 2013
October - December 2012
- Sales were SEK 251.2 (246.4) m, corresponding to an increase of 1.9%, and 4.4% adjusted for exchange rate fluctuations.
- Operating profit was SEK 37.1 (44.8*) m and operating margin was 14.7% (18.2%*).
- Net profit was SEK 35.2 (34.2) m for the quarter.
- Earnings per share after dilution were SEK 1.27 (1.23).
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 70.8 (88.5) m.
- UK operator MS3 selected Transmode as supplier of its optical data network.
- Transmode launched its Native Packet Optical 2.0 architecture.
January - December 2012
- Sales were SEK 1,010.9 (916.9) m, corresponding to an increase of 10.2%, and 10.4% adjusted for exchange rate fluctuations.
- Operating profit was SEK 170.7 (149.1*) m and operating margin was 16.9% (16.3%*).
- Net profit was SEK 139.2 (116.3) m for the year.
- Earnings per share after dilution were SEK 5.01 (4.26).
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 176.7 (139.4) m.
- After the end of the reporting period, the Board of Directors decided to propose a dividend of SEK 1.80 (1.50) per share.
- After the end of the reporting period, Transmode announced the recruitment of Ingrid Nordmark as its new Vice President of Research and Development and Johan Wilsby as its new Chief Financial Officer.
* Adjusted operating profit for the fourth quarter 2011 was SEK 45.2 m and adjusted operating margin was 18.3%. This adjustment was for SEK 0.4 m of expenses relating to the company's IPO on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm. Adjusted operating profit 2011 was SEK 168.2 m and adjusted operating margin was 18.3%. This adjustment was for SEK 19.1 m of expenses relating to the company's IPO on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm.
CEO's Statement: Continued profitable growth
"I'm pleased with our strong earnings in the quarter and year, which should be viewed in the light of the somewhat harsher business climate in the second half-year 2012. Sales increased to over SEK 251 m in the fourth quarter of the year, or by nearly 2% compared to the corresponding quarter in 2011. The company also reported a gross margin of over 50%, an operating margin of 14.7% and continued robust cash flow. We have noted some recovery in the market in recent months and maintain confidence in our growth strategy with its focus on geographical expansion, innovative products and operational efficiency."
Karl Thedeen, Chief Executive Officer
The Year-end Report is attached and available via the link at the end of this press release.
Invitation to press and analysts' conference
Transmode Holding AB will hold a press and analysts' conference at Carnegie Hall, Regeringsgatan 56 in Stockholm on 14 February at 09:00 AM CET. Karl Thedeen, CEO, and Tomas Kihlstrand, CFO, will present the Year-end Report.
The press and analyst conference will be presented in English and can be followed live online at: http://financialhearings.nu/130214/transmode/ or at Transmode's homepage www.transmode.com.
You can also call in and ask questions after the presentation. Make sure you are connected to the telephone conference by calling in a few minutes before the press and analyst conference will begin at telephone number:+46 (0)850556478 or +44 (0)2033645371.
After the press and analysts' conference Sten Nordell, Transmode's CTO, will present (in Swedish) our unique solutions and products for the transport of Ethernet traffic in optical networks. This includes how these relate to our recently enhanced Native Packet Optical 2.0 architecture and our recently announced Carrier Ethernet 2.0 (CE 2.0) certification.
The Interim Report along with historical quarterly data is also available on the Transmode website at www.transmode.com.
The information in this announcement is required to be disclosed by Transmode Holding AB under the Swedish Securities Markets Act (Sw. lagen om vardepappersmarknaden). This information was released for publication at 08:00 AM CEST on 14th February 2013.
For more information please contact:
Vice President Marketing & Communications
Transmode Systems AB
Telephone: +46 8 506 882 71
Transmode is a global provider of packet-optical networking solutions that enable fixed line and mobile network operators to cost effectively address the capacity needs created by the rapid growth in video and data traffic. These solutions are important building blocks in next-generation high-speed optical networks that support services such as broadband backhaul, mobile data backhaul, video delivery services and cloud computing. Transmode's solutions are based on Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) and packet optical transport technologies, which are designed to increase the capacity, flexibility and functionality of optical metro core and metro access networks. Transmode's Intelligent WDM (iWDM(TM)) approach gives key advantages to customers, such as ultra-low latency, low power consumption and innovative network design.
Transmode is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden and is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm Exchange (TRMO). Since 2000 the company has installed more than 30,000 systems for over 400 fixed and mobile network operators, service providers, large enterprises and public institutions in over 40 countries across the globe.
For additional information about Transmode, please visit www.transmode.com.
This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf of Thomson Reuters clients.
The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the
information contained therein.
Source: Transmode via Thomson Reuters ONE
Year End Report 2012 - http://hugin.info/134733/R/1678031/547491.pdf
[ InfoTech Spotlight's Homepage ]