|[January 15, 2013]
Research and Markets: Vaxigrip (Seasonal Influenza Vaccines) Forecast and Market Analysis
DUBLIN --(Business Wire)--
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7lsv8z/vaxigrip)
has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "Vaxigrip
(Seasonal Influenza Vaccines) Forecast and Market Analysis" to their
Seasonal Influenza is a respiratory infection caused by influenza virus
that results in mild to severe symptoms, such as fever, cold and cough.
The market is heavily driven by the sales of prophylactic vaccine
treatments to prevent infection. Currently, trivalent intramuscular
vaccines such as Sanofi's Fluzone and Vaxigrip, GlaxoSmithKline's
Fluarix and FluLaval and Novartis' Fluvirin garner the majority stake of
the market. However, with the entrance of vaccines with novel routes of
administration, such as AstraZeneca's intranasal FluMist and Sanofi's
Fluzone IntraDermal, GlobalData projects a dramatic shift favoring the
adoption of such vaccines over the traditional intrmuscular vaccines.
GlobalData also anticipates that manufacturers that launch quadrivalent
formulations will steal market share, patient share, and revenue from
the trivalent influenza vaccines currently available.
Vaxigrip is a trivalent, inactivated vaccine designed for immunization
against seasonal influenza viruses. The vaccine is designed for
administration via intramuscular injection, where the viral antigens
elicit an immune response, which helps protect the recipient against
influenza infection. Vaxigrip is marketed by Sanofi as Gripavac in Spain
and Inactivated Influenza Vaccine (Split Virion) BP in the UK. Mutagrip
is another trivalent, inactivated influenza vaccine marketed by Sanofi,
that is almost identical in formulation and dosing to Vaxigrip.
- Overview of seasonal influenza, including epidemiology, etiology,
symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an
overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Vaxigrip including product description, safety
and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Vaxigrip for the top six countries from 2012 to
- Sales information covered for France, Germany, the UK, Italy, India
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely
to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing
competitive landscape for seasonal influenza
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying
drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth
analysis of Vaxigrip performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Vaxigrip from 2012 to 2022 in France,
Germany, the UK, Italy, India and China.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7lsv8z/vaxigrip.
Source (News - Alert): GlobalData
[ InfoTech Spotlight's Homepage ]