|[January 14, 2013]
Research and Markets: Agrippal (Seasonal Influenza Vaccine) Forecast and Market Analysis
DUBLIN --(Business Wire)--
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nxczn2/agrippal)
has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "Agrippal
(Seasonal Influenza Vaccine) Forecast and Market Analysis" to their
Seasonal Influenza is a respiratory infection caused by influenza virus
that results in mild to severe symptoms, such as fever, cold and cough.
The market is heavily driven by the sales of prophylactic vaccine
treatments to prevent infection. Currently, trivalent intramuscular
vaccines such as Sanofi's Fluzone and Vaxigrip, GlaxoSmithKline's
Fluarix and FluLaval and Novartis' Fluvirin garner the majority stake of
the market. However, with the entrance of vaccines with novel routes of
administration, such as AstraZeneca's intranasal FluMist and Sanofi's
Fluzone IntraDermal, the authors project a dramatic shift favoring the
adoption of such vaccines over the traditional intramuscular vaccines.
The authors also anticipate that manufacturers that launch quadrivalent
forulations will steal market share, patient share, and revenue from
the trivalent influenza vaccines currently available.
Agrippal is a trivalent, inactivated influenza vaccine administered via
intramuscular injection. It is indicated for the protection of
recipients against subsequent infection from seasonal influenza. The
viruses used in the vaccine are propagated in embryonated chicken eggs,
collected via centrifugation and filtration, and inactivated with
formaldehyde. The surface antigens (i.e., hemagglutinin, neuraminidase)
are further purified via centrifugation. Agrippal is marketed by
Novartis in over 50 countries, including the UK, Italy, Spain, Germany,
- Overview of seasonal influenza, including epidemiology, etiology,
symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an
overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Agrippal including product description, safety
and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Agrippal for the top nine countries from 2012 to
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, the UK, Italy,
Spain, Japan, China and India
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely
to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing
competitive landscape for seasonal influenza
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying
drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth
analysis of Agrippal performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Agrippal from 2012 to 2022 in the US,
France, Germany, the UK, Italy, Spain, Japan, China and India.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nxczn2/agrippal
Source (News - Alert): GlobalData
[ InfoTech Spotlight's Homepage ]