|[January 14, 2013]
Research and Markets: Optaflu (Seasonal Influenza Vaccine) Forecast and Market Analysis
DUBLIN --(Business Wire)--
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/44w3gw/optaflu_seasonal)
has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "Optaflu (Seasonal
Influenza Vaccine) Forecast and Market Analysis" to their offering.
Seasonal Influenza is a respiratory infection caused by influenza virus
that results in mild to severe symptoms, such as fever, cold and cough.
The market is heavily driven by the sales of prophylactic vaccine
treatments to prevent infection. Currently, trivalent intramuscular
vaccines such as Sanofi's Fluzone and Vaxigrip, GlaxoSmithKline's
Fluarix and FluLaval and Novartis' Fluvirin garner the majority stake of
the market. However, with the entrance of vaccines with novel routes of
administration, such as AstraZeneca's intranasal FluMist and Sanofi's
Fluzone IntraDermal, the authors project a dramatic shift favoring the
adoption of such vaccines over the traditional intramuscular vaccines.
The authors also anticipate that manufacturers that launchquadrivalent
formulations will steal market share, patient share, and revenue from
the trivalent influenza vaccines currently available.
Optaflu is a trivalent, inactivated vaccine designed for immunization
against seasonal influenza viruses. The cell culture-based manufacturing
process differentiates Optaflu from its competitors. The viral subtypes
present in the vaccine are cultivated in a Madin Darby Canine Kidney
(MDCK) cell line that has been adapted for growth in suspension in
serum-free, protein-free conditions. Optaflu is marketed by Novartis,
and it is currently approved for administration to adults in the EU.
Optaflu, marketed as Flucelvax in the US, gained FDA approval in
- Overview of seasonal influenza, including epidemiology, etiology,
symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an
overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Optaflu including product description, safety
and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Optaflu for the top six countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, the UK, Italy
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely
to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing
competitive landscape for seasonal influenza
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying
drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth
analysis of Optaflu performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Optaflu from 2012 to 2022 in the US, France,
Germany, the UK, Italy and Spain.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/44w3gw/optaflu_seasonal
Source (News - Alert): GlobalData
[ InfoTech Spotlight's Homepage ]