Delphi Product & Service Solutions Launches Auto IQ(TM) Service Solutions Program Including New Diagnostics Scan Tool and Flash Programmer in North America
Oct 30, 2012 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) --
Technician-focused, complete systems approach includes scan tool, flash programmer, OE-based service repair information, ASE-certified support, training, mobile eCatalog and Connected Car Telematics Solution.
Las Vegas -- Delphi launched today its new Auto IQ Service Solutions program including a new diagnostics scan tool and flash programmer for the North American market. Delphi's Auto IQ Service Solutions, a complete systems approach to service and repair, also includes the OE-based service repair information, dedicated ASE-certified support, advanced training, a new mobile eCatalog and Delphi's Connected Car Telematics Solution, announced Delphi at the Automotive Aftermarket Parts Expo (AAPEX).
Delphi Diagnostics Scan Tool
The Delphi diagnostics scan tool operates on a PC-based platform and easily integrates into any workshop's existing platform. Delphi also offers a compact, WiFi-ready, touch-screen tablet PC as an alternative to the handheld tool and in-house workshop operations. The scan tool features:
- OEM Diagnostics and Flash Programming. With access to the latest OE data and software, the Delphi scan tool has a variety of parameters, tests, device controls and coverage available.
- Bi-Directional Controls. Our tool has thousands of bi-directional device controls. Ford, GM and Chrysler account for over 5,000.
- Multi-Channel Graphing. The tool can view and capture up to 16 parameters at one time, in color.
- Latest Interface and Connections. Designed for expanded capabilities, the processor can be easily updated through internet downloads. The simple vehicle connection uses a standard OBDII J1962 connector. No keys or adapters required. (Protocols include CAN, J2534, J1850, ISO9141, ISO14230/KWP2000, ISO15765, CCD, UART)
- Broad Coverage. Coverage starts with 1995-96 model year vehicles, the arrival of OBDII, and includes complete coverage for all domestic and leading Asian manufacturers. European applications will be available in early 2013. Yearly updates allow technicians to stay ahead of diagnostic systems from the last generation of vehicles on the market. The Delphi scan tool covers hundreds of modules and thousands of active commands for each manufacturer's powertrain, body and chassis systems.
- Complete Kits. All three VCI kits include cables, adaptors, external VCI power supply diagnostic software, J2534 flash reprogramming, rugged carrying case and a one-year warranty on the tool. The DelphiScan Master kit includes an Ultra-Mobile tablet PC preloaded with Microsoft Windows 7 operating system and DelphiScan software.
- WiFi Capability. Master and standard kits are wireless communication ready.
- Training. Delphi provides free scan tool set up and one-day, online training with purchase.
Technicians connect the scan tool with the VCI cable into the J1962 universal connector under the vehicle's instrument panel to quickly determine trouble codes and are then guided to the suspect area. To finalize their diagnosis, technicians can also link to technical data, historical data or search the internet for additional information. This complete diagnostics solution enables switching between features to prevent a repeat of previous actions.
The Delphi diagnostics scan tool will be available for pre-order at the end of November 2012 and fully available January 2013. The rest of Delphi's Auto IQ Service Solution components are now available. Please visit Delphi's booth #5028 for live demonstrations or learn more on their website at www.delphi.com/am .
Delphi Mobile eCatalog
Delphi's new mobile eCatalog is an extension of its current online catalog, go.delphi.com . Available on iPhone, Android and Windows-based phone devices, it automatically adjusts to the device, phone, tablet or PC platform for optimal viewing. There is no app to download; visitors simply log onto go.delphi.com from their phone.
Selecting the make, year and model from the interactive screens, the available part is shown. There are no drop down lists to scroll through and technicians can reach the part they need in three clicks. The new mobile eCatalog only displays the relevant information needed. Clicking on the part number provides additional details including images. Technicians can also search by part number for immediate results.
Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE: DLPH) is a leading global supplier of electronics and technologies for automotive, commercial vehicle and other market segments. Operating major technical centers, manufacturing sites and customer support facilities in 30 countries, Delphi delivers real-world innovations that make products smarter and safer as well as more powerful and efficient. Connect to innovation at www.delphi.com/am . For more information contact: Delphi
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com.
[ InfoTech Spotlight's Homepage ]