M&A Navigator: Deal pipeline - 17 June
(M&A Navigator Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) The following is a list a of deals covered in detail by M&A Navigator this week:
- RUSSIAN UNITED SHIPBUILDING CORP MAY ACQUIRE OPK'S SHIPBUILDERS WITH GOVT OK
Roman Trotsenko, president of Russian state-owned United Shipbuilding Corporation, told reporters that his company was ready to buy debt-ridden shipbuilders Severnaya Verf (RTB:SZVE) and Baltiysky Zavod, should the government give the go-ahead.
- PLASTIC OMNIUM PLANS TO TAKE FULL CONTROL OF INERGY
French plastic processing group Plastic Omnium (EPA:POM) plans to acquire the 50% stake of Belgian chemicals giant Solvay (EBR:SOLB) in Inergy Automotive Systems and gain full control of the company.
- SYSTEMAIR TO BUY DUTCH VENTILATION COMPANY RUCON
Swedish ventilation systems maker Systemair (STO:SYSR) announced it has agreed to buy Dutch peer Rucon, but has not provided any financial details of the transaction.
- IK INVESTMENT TO TAKE OVER CONTROL AT NORWEGIAN COLOSSEUM DENTAL
European private equity firm IK Investment Partners said it had agreed to buy a majority in Norwegian Colosseum Dental, for an undisclosed price.
- CARLO TASSARA DELAYS SALE OF INTESA SANPAOLO STAKE
Italian holding company Carlo Tassara, owned by French-Polish investor Romain Zaleski, has decided to postpone the sale of its stake in Italian banking giant Intesa Sanpaolo (BIT:ISP).
- MARWYN SIGNS DEAL TO BUY NATIONAL GRID'S FULCRUM
UK investor Marwyn Investment Management said that its unit Marwyn Capital Investments I has signed a conditional deal to buy loss-making gas transporter Fulcrum from National Grid (LON:NG).
- RUSSIAN EN+ GETS 10% OF HONG KONG MERCANTILE EXCHANGE
Russian holding company En+ Group, owned by billionaire Oleg Deripaska, said today it has purchased a 10% interest in Hong Kong Mercantile Exchange (HKMEx) as part of its strategy to seize growth opportunities in Asia.
- ABU DHABI COMMERCIAL BANK TO BUY RBS'S RETAIL BANKING IN UAE
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ABD:ADCB) said it had agreed to buy Royal Bank of Scotland's (LON:RBS) retail banking operations in the UAE, as part of its strategy to grow in the country.
- EIFFARIE ADDS 13.73% IN FRENCH ROAD FIRM APRR FOR EUR854M
Eiffarie, a joint unit of French constructions and infrastructures group Eiffage (EPA:FGR) and Macquarie Autoroutes de France, said it agreed to buy further 13.73% of Autoroutes Paris-Rhin-Rhone (EPA:APRR) for EUR854m (USD1.06bn).
- LAGARDERE LIKELY TO BUY OUT JV WITH FRANCE TELEVISIONS
French media group Lagardere (EPA:MMB) is keen on buying the 34% stake of public TV broadcaster France Televisions in their digital terrestrial joint venture Gulli.
- RUSSIAN ENERGY MIN SAYS EUR1.6BN GOOD PRICE FOR MOL STAKE
The energy minister of Russia, Sergei Shmatko, told that a price of EUR1.6bn (USD2bn) for the stake of Russian oil producer Surgutneftegaz (MCX:SNGS) in Hungarian peer MOL (BDP:MOL) would be a good one.
- SABADELL, GUIPUZCOANO SHAREHOLDERS TO VOTE ON MERGER NEXT WEEK
The merger between Spanish lenders Banco de Sabadell (MCE:SAB) and Banco Guipuzcoano (MCE:GUI) will be probably voted on 25 June, when the two banks will hold their extraordinary shareholders' meetings.
- CEO SAYS AXA BELGIUM MULLING OVER KBC'S CENTEA, ETHIAS'S UNIT BUYS TO GROW
AXA Belgium, part of French insurer AXA, is considering the acquisition of First, a unit of insurance group Ethias and Centea, subsidiary of banking group KBC (EBR:KBC).
- JAPANESE RAKUTEN ANNOUNCES EUR200M DEAL TO BUY FRENCH PRICEMINISTER
Japanese online retailer Rakuten (JSD:4755) said it had entered into a definitive agreement to buy French online shopping mall PriceMinister for some EUR200m (USD247.4m).
- SPANISH SANTANDER BIDS FOR RBS UK BRANCHES, EXEC SAYS
Spanish banking group Santander (MCE:SAN) has submitted an offer to buy UK branches of Royal Bank of Scotland (LON:RBS), which it sees as a strategic fit to its local business.
Status: Talks; Bidding
- ZODIAC CHIEF EXECUTIVE RULES OUT MERGER WITH PEER
French aircraft components maker Zodiac Aerospace (EPA:ZC) dismissed reports that the company is planning to team up with a local sector player.
- US METI TAKES OVER LIONIS SOFTWARE
Florida-based software company METI has taken over Hungarian Lionis Software LLC, the developer of the WebSP web-based application, for an undisclosed sum.
- UK THOMAS COOK EYES GERMAN SECTOR BUY--CEO
UK travel company Thomas Cook (LON:TCG) wants to buy a German rival which serves destinations where the company is outmatched by competitors.
- INGRAM MICRO TAKES OVER ALBORA SOLUCIONES
Ingram Micro EMEA, part of US IT wholesaler Ingram Micro Inc (NYSE:IM), has taken over Spanish value-added distribution firm Albora Soluciones for an undisclosed sum.
- US BURNS & MCDONNELL TO BUY BRIDGE DESIGN FIRM H&C
US engineering company Burns & McDonnell has agreed to take over local sector firm Harrington & Cortelyou, or H&C, for an undisclosed sum.
- HUNGARIAN FHB BANK ANNOUNCES LOI TO FULLY BUY LOCAL ALLIANZ BANK
Hungarian FHB Mortgage Bank (BDP:FHB) said it had entered into a letter of intent to take full control of Allianz Bank Ltd from Allianz Hungaria Insurance Co, without disclosing the value of the share-exchange deal.
- US DUKE REALTY TO FULLY TAKE OVER DUGAN REALTY JV
US real-estate investment trust Duke Realty Corporation (NYSE:DRE) has agreed to buy the 50% it does not own in its joint venture Dugan Realty LLC for some USD298.2m (EUR243m), including debt.
- US RADIO ONE PLANS TO RAISE STAKE IN TV ONE
US Radio One Inc (NASDAQ:ROIAK; ROIA), a radio broadcasting company targeting mainly African-American listeners, plans to acquire additional 19% in TV One LLC for some USD82m (EUR66.3m).
- VIENNA STOCK EXCHANGE TAKES STAKE IN GAS TRADING PLATFORM
The Vienna Stock Exchange has bought a 20% interest in Austrian natural gas trading platform Central European Gas Hub (CEGH), without giving any financial details on the transaction.
- US HAIN CELESTIAL TAKES OVER FOOD-TO-GO FIRM IN UK
US producer of natural and organic products The Hain Celestial Group (NASDAQ:HAIN) has taken over UK-based producer and distributor of food-to-go products Churchill Food Products for an undisclosed sum.
- APEX BROKERAGE TAKES OVER INSURANCE AGENCY IN NEW YORK
US insurance agency APEX Brokerage Inc has acquired New York-based sector firm Brighton Brokers Corp for an undisclosed sum.
- AUSTRIA'S ANTITRUST BODY EXPECTED TO GREENLIGHT ZIELPUNKT - BLUO DEAL
Austrian competition watchdog BWB will probably clear the acquisition of supermarket chain Zielpunkt by Luxembourg-based private equity firm Bluo.
- US LIGHTSPEED TO BUY 100% IN BROKER-DEALER TERRA NOVA FINANCIAL
US Lightspeed Financial has agreed to buy 100% in broker-dealer Terra Nova Financial LLC, a subsidiary of local Terra Nova Financial Group Inc (OTC:TNFG), for some USD27.6m (EUR22.5m).
- ORANGE TO BID FOR LE MONDE JOINTLY WITH CLAUDE PERDRIEL
French mobile operator Orange will join Claude Perdriel, founder of weekly magazine Le Nouvel Observateur, in its bid for struggling French economic daily Le Monde.
- TRANS GLOBAL TO SELL KAZORE SUBSIDIARY TO ALFE
Trans Global Group Inc (PINK:TGGI) has signed a letter of intent on the sale of its 100%-owned software subsidiary Kazore Holdings Inc to American Life Holdings Company Inc (OTC:ALFE) in an all-stock deal.
- DUTCH ESCURA APOTHEEK, LLOYDS APOTHEKEN TO MERGE
Dutch pharmacy chains Escura Apotheek and LLOYDS Apotheken announced an agreement to combine their operations, creating the country's second biggest pharmacy chain.
- DUTCH UNIT4 SELLS FRENCH UNIT TO MANAGEMENT
Dutch software firm Unit4 (AMS:U4AGR) has completed the sale of its French unit Agresso France to the unit's management team.
- SWISS BACHEM EXITS POLYPHOR CAPITAL
Swiss biochemicals company Bachem (SWF:BANB) has sold its 16% stake in biotech firm Polyphor to Swiss investor Ingro Finanz.
- TRI STAR METALS COMPLETES ACQUISITION OF PINNACLE
US metal manufacturer Tri Star Metals has closed the acquisition of Illinois-based stainless steel products maker Pinnacle Metals in a move to boost its market position in North America.
- HEINEKEN KEEN ON BUYING BELGIAN BREWER DE KONINCK
Dutch brewer Heineken (AMS:HEIA) has made a takeover bid for Antwerp-based peer De Koninck.
Status: Bidding; Speculation
- EU CLEARS JPMORGAN'S BUY OF RBS SEMPRA NON-US BUSINESS
US investment bank JPMorgan (NYSE:JPM) won approval by the European Commission to take over the non-US operations of RBS Sempra, a commodities joint venture between the Royal Bank of Scotland (LON:RBS) and US energy group Sempra Energy (NYSE:SRE).
- COLLINS STEWART TAKES OVER WEALTH MANAGER ANDERSEN CHARNLEY
UK financial advisor Collins Stewart (LON:CLST) said it had bought wealth manager Andersen Charnley and its unit Andersen Charnley Investment Management, together ACL.
- HAMMERSON INKS MALL JV WITH ALLIANZ REAL ESTATE
British real estate investment trust (REIT) Hammerson (LON:HMSO) and the property unit of German insurer Allianz (ETR:ALV) have set up a joint venture to operate the Espace Saint Quentin shopping centre near Paris.
- GABON AGREES TO BUY INTO FRENCH ERAMET
Gabon is buying an interest in French miner Eramet (EPA:ERA) and has agreed to boost its stake in their joint manganese mining business Comilog to 35% from 25%.
- TRIUMPH WRAPS UP VOUGHT AIRCRAFT TAKEOVER
US aircraft components maker Triumph (NYSE:TGI) has completed the acquisition of aerostructures manufacturer Vought Aircraft Industries from private equity firm Carlyle.
- US SAVVIS CLOSES FUSEPOINT ACQUISITION
US IT services firm Savvis (NASDAQ:SVVS) has completed the acquisition of Canadian sector player Fusepoint for USD121m (EUR98.6m) in cash and debt.
- CAP GEMINI BUYS UK STRATEGIC SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS
French IT services group Cap Gemini (EPA:CAP) has fully acquired UK sector player Strategic Systems Solutions, or SSS, without revealing financial details.
- FRENCH RHODIA TO BUY FEIXIANG CHEMICALS IN CHINA
French speciality chemicals company Rhodia (EPA:RHA) has agreed to buy Chinese amines and surfactants maker Feixiang Chemicals for an enterprise value of USD489m (EUR398.5m).
- BILLIONAIRE ICAHN GETS 12.5% OF LIONS GATE SHARES
The Icahn Group, owned by billionaire Carl Icahn, said shareholders in Canada-based movie production studio Lions Gate Entertainment (NYSE:LGF) had offered 12.5% of their shares during the extended tender period.
- AOL SAID TO SELL BEBO TO CRITERION CAPITAL PARTNERS
US web services company AOL (NYSE:AOL) is close to a deal with private equity firm Criterion Capital Partners for the sale of its struggling social site Bebo.
- SANOFI-AVENTIS CANADA BUYS SKIN CARE FIRM CANDERM
French drug maker Sanofi-Aventis (EPA:SAN) announced that its Canadian arm, Sanofi-Aventis Canada, has agreed to buy Canadian skin care specialist Canderm Pharma for an undisclosed sum.
- CALTAGIRONE BOOSTS STAKE IN ITALIAN UTILITY ACEA TO ALMOST 13%
Italian investor Francesco Caltagirone has lifted his holding in multiutility Acea (BIT:ACE) to 12.99% from 10.28%, the country's stock market regulator Consob said.
- CAJASUR REPORTEDLY COLLECTS SEVEN BIDS
Seven financial sector players have submitted non-binding bids for the acquisition of struggling Spanish savings bank CajaSur.
- IT HOLDING PUTS FERRE, ITTIERRE ON THE MARKET, CALLS FOR BIDS
The administrators of Italian luxury goods group IT Holding (BIT:ITH) invited investors interested in its Ittierre and Gianfranco Ferre fashion units to submit bids.
- GRONTMIJ BOOKS PROGRESS IN SELLING NON-CORE UNITS
Dutch engineering consultancy Grontmij (AMS:GRONT) said it was well on track with the planned sale of non-core operations.
- WAL-MART TAKES SMALL STAKE IN US DEBIT CARD PROVIDER GREEN DOT
US retail giant Wal-Mart Stores (NYSE:WMT) has acquired a minority interest of below 1% in pre-paid debit card provider Green Dot Corp in an effort to gain access to the US financial sector.
- POLAND'S PGE INKS JV DEAL WITH FRENCH GDF
Polish utility PGE (WAR:PGE) said it has struck a preliminary deal with French power group GDF Suez (EPA:GSZ) to form a 50/50 joint venture to build a coal-fired power plant in southern Poland.
- AXA EYES ING'S REAL ESTATE UNIT
French insurer AXA (EPA:AXA) plans to make a takeover bid for the real estate investment management arm of Dutch financial services group ING (AMS:INGA), AXA chief investment officer Dennis Lopez said.
- COVIDIEN SAYS IN USD250M DEAL TO BUY US SOMANETICS
Irish-based healthcare products supplier Covidien (NYSE:COV) said it has entered a definitive agreement to buy US Somanetics (NASDAQ:SMTS) for USD25 (EUR20.3) per share cash, or a total USD250m.
- US ASSUREIMMUNE ANNOUNCES MERGER WITH MEXICO-BASED BCU
US family stem cells bank AssureImmune (AI) said it had tied up with Mexico-based cord blood bank Banco de Cordon Umbilical (BCU).
- RBC WRAPS UP TAKEOVER OF JP MORGAN ADVISOR SERVICE
Royal Bank of Canada (TSE:RY; NYSE:RY), or RBC, and JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM) said RBC has completed the takeover of the third-party registered investment advisor (RIA) unit of JP Morgan Securities Inc.
- PROSIEBEN AGREES ON MANAGEMENT BUYOUT OF NEWS CHANNEL N24
German broadcaster ProSiebenSat1 (ETR:PSM) said it has inked a deal to sell its troubled news channel N24 to a consortium including the channel's CEO Torsten Rossmann, producer Thorsten Pollfuss and the former editor of Der Spiegel, Stefan Aust.
- US HR SPECIALIST ADMINISTAFF TAKES OVER SOFTWARE FIRM EXPENSABLE
US human resources services company Administaff Inc (NYSE:ASF) said it has bought local software developer OneMind Connect Inc, which operates under the name of ExpensAble, for an undisclosed sum.
- UK ARRIVA SAYS TO REFER TAKEOVER OFFER BY DEUTSCHE BAHN TO EC ON 22 JUNE UK bus and train services firm Arriva (LON:ARI) said it will submit to the European Commission (EC) on 22 June 2010 a notification of the proposed acquisition of the company by Deutsche Bahn.
- SULZER SECURES 96.51% OF UK CASTLE BY 15 JUNE
Swiss engineering company Sulzer (SWF:SUN) said that shareholders of UK electro-mechanical services firm Castle (LON:CSU) controlling 96.51% have accepted the GBP1.08 (USD1.6/EUR1.3) per share cash offer by Sulzer UK for the company by 15 June.
- MANULOC BUYS AMONITE TO REINFORCE PRESENCE
French maintenance equipment specialist Manuloc has acquired Amonite, a dealer of US lift truck brand Hyster in France, to strengthen its position in the sector.
- US CSS TAKES OVER ALIQUO SOLUTIONS
US-based IT solutions provider CSS Corp said it had taken over UK IT consulting firm Aliquo Solutions for an undisclosed sum in a bid to expand its activities in Europe and Australia.
- MCQUAY INTL TAKES OVER US CUSTOM HVAC PRODUCER HYDROKOOL
Heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) company McQuay International said it has acquired Arizona-based sector firm HydroKool LLC for an undisclosed sum.
- US AMRI TAKES OVER LOCAL HYALURON FOR USD27M
US Albany Molecular Research Inc (NASDAQ:AMRI) said it has acquired local pre-filled sterile syringe producer Hyaluron Inc for almost USD27m (EUR21.9m) including debt.
- BANK OF CYPRUS DROPS PLAN TO UP STAKE IN ROMANIAN BANCA TRANSILVANIA
Bank of Cyprus Group said it has decided against a previous plan to raise its stake in Romanian bank Banca Transilvania (BSE:TLV) to up to 20%, after considering other priorities.
- DUTCH GRONTMIJ RAISES OVER EUR25M TO FUND GINGER DEAL
Dutch engineering consultancy Grontmij (AMS:GRONT) has raised EUR25.6m (USD31.5m) with a rights issue to partly finance the planned acquisition of French peer Ginger (EPA:GNG).
- INTELEK AGREES ON TELEDYNE'S BUYOUT OFFER
US electronic components provider Teledyne (NYSE:TDY) and Intelek (LON:ITK) said they have agreed on the terms of Teledyne's all cash offer to buy the British electronic systems producer for nearly GBP35m (USD52m/EUR42m).
- CELESIO, PHOENIX TO SET UP DUTCH PHARMACY JV
German pharmaceuticals distributor Celesion (ETR:CLS1) said that it will create a Dutch pharmacy joint venture with peer Phoenix Pharmahandel through the merger of their Dutch operations.
- US ADS TAKES OVER INSERTA FITTINGS COMPANY
US pipe manufacturer Advanced Drainage Systems (ADS) said it has acquired Inserta Fittings Company, which manufactures service connection for waste water and storm water pipe systems.
- GREAT WOLF RESORTS ANNOUNCES CREATIVE KINGDOMS BUY
US waterpark resort operator Great Wolf Resorts (NASDAQ:WOLF) said it has bought a 62.4% stake in Creative Kingdoms, a developer of experiential gaming products, for USD8.7m (EUR7.1m).
- US FEDERAL-MOGUL TAKES OVER PISTON RINGS PRODUCER DAROS GROUP
US powertrain and safety technologies provider Federal-Mogul Corporation (NASDAQ:FDML) said it has taken over Daros Group, a supplier of high technology piston rings, for an undisclosed sum.
- DUFF & PHELPS BUYS CANADIAN COLE & PARTNERS
US financial advisory and investment banking firm Duff & Phelps (NYSE:DUF) said it has acquired Toronto-based sector player Cole & Partners as a strategic entry into Canada.
- JAPANESE MENICON BUYS US LAGADO
Japanese contact lens specialist Menicon Co said it had agreed to buy US Lagado, supplying contact lens materials, to boost its offering and footprint in the global sector.
- UNITED WESTERN BANCORP TO ACQUIRE LEGENT CLEARING
United Western Bancorp (NASDAQ:UWBK) said it has agreed to buy Legent Clearing from brokerage and clearing services holding company Legent Group.
- BRAZILIAN MARFRIG AGREES TO ACQUIRE US KEYSTONE FOODS FOR USD1.26BN
Brazilian meat processing company Marfrig Alimentos SA (SAO:MRFG3) said evening it had agreed to acquire US meat products distributor Keystone Foods LLC for around USD1.26bn (EUR1.022bn).
- INFUSYSTEM BUYS FIRST BIOMEDICAL
US ambulatory infusion pump management services firm InfuSystem Holdings (OTC:INHI) announced the acquisition of medical equipment distributor First Biomedical for USD17.2m (EUR13.9m) in cash and debt.
- INTERTEK BUYS ETSA IN FRANCE
UK testing, inspection and certification specialist Intertek (LON:ITRK) said it has acquired French laboratory testing and cargo inspection services provider Expertises Technologies & Services Analyses, or ETSA.
- CAPITAL RESEARCH CUTS SPANISH INDITEX HOLDING TO 2.991%
US investor Capital Research and Management Company has reduced its stake in Spanish textile firm Inditex (MCE:ITX) to 2.991% from 3.26%, a filing with Spain's stock market regulator CNMV showed.
- US BALL TO DIVEST FROM PLASTIC PACKAGING BUSINESS
US metal and plastic packaging supplier Ball Corp (NYSE:BLL) unveiled an agreement to sell its domestic plastic packaging business to Australian packaging company Amcor (ASX:AMC) for USD280m (EUR227.1m).
- CAPITAL & REGIONAL WRAPS UP GBP62.2M SALE OF MEN ARENA
UK co-investing property asset manager Capital & Regional (LON:CAL) said it had closed the sale of the companies owning Manchester Evening News Arena (MEN Arena) to units of Development Securities (LON:DSC).
- US GUN MAKER KAHR ARMS BUYS MAGNUM RESEARCH
US compact pistol maker Kahr Arms announced the acquisition of Minnesota-based firearms producer Magnum Research.
- EGYPTIAN MINAPHARM BUYS GERMAN PROBIOGEN
Egyptian pharmaceutical company Minapharm Pharmaceuticals and Chemical Industries (CAI:MIPH) has bought a 95% stake in German biotech company ProBioGen for EUR34m (USD41.9m), the buyer said in a bourse filing.
- IBM TO BUY COREMETRICS
US computer giant IBM (NYSE:IBM) announced an agreement to buy web analytics software company Coremetrics in a move to strengthen its software and services business.
- ELEPHANT CAPITAL TAKES GBP3.2M MINORITY IN AMAR CHITRA KATHA
UK-based investor Elephant Capital (LON:ECAP) said it had bought a significant minority interest in Indian media company Amar Chitra Katha (ACK) for GBP3.2m (USD4.7m/EUR3.8m).
- US IPSWITCH BUYS SECTOR COMPANY MESSAGEWAY SOLUTIONS
US file transfer solutions provider Ipswitch Inc said it has bought local sector company MessageWay Solutions Inc for an undisclosed sum.
- RBS TO SELL RBS PAKISTAN TO FAYSAL BANK FOR PKR4.3BN
The Royal Bank of Scotland (LON:RBS) said it had agreed to sell the 99.37% in RBS Pakistan (KAR:RBS) owned by The Royal Bank of Scotland NV, to Faysal Bank (KAR:FABL) for PKR2.50 (USD0.03/EUR0.02) per share, or total of some PKR4.298bn.
- US KIMCO, BIG SHOPPING CENTERS SET UP JV FOR PROPERTY ACQUISITION
US real estate investment trust Kimco Realty Corporation (NYSE:KIM) said it has agreed with BIG Shopping Centers to set up a joint venture for the takeover of 15 neighbourhood and community shopping centres.
- GREEK INTRALOT TAKES 33% OF RUSSIAN KELICOM, ENTERS BETTING MARKET
Greek lottery systems provider Intralot (ATH:INLOT) announced it had bought 33% in Russian Kelicom, which controls 74.9% of the local top sports betting company Favorit, marking its entrance in the growing Russian betting market.
- US CONTEXT OPTIONAL BUYS BUZZEO CREATOR UNWRAP
US social marketing software firm Context Optional said it has purchased local unwrap, the creator of Facebook application platform Buzzeo, for an undisclosed sum.
- NEWS CORP MAKES BUYOUT BID FOR BSKYB
News Corp (NASDAQ:NWSA) has made an offer, worth some GBP12bn (USD17.7bn/EUR14.4bn), to fully acquire British satellite broadcaster BSkyB (LON:BSY).
Status: Bidding; Speculation
- INFINEON HIRES JPMORGAN TO LOOK AT OPTIONS FOR WIRELESS BUSINESS
German chip maker Infineon (ETR:IFXA) has engaged JPMorgan (NYSE:JPM) with advising it on options for its wireless chip operations, including a sale.
Status: Talks; Auction
- NEWS CORP SAYS BSKYB REJECTS INCREASED GBP7 P/S OFFER
News Corp (NASDAQ:NWSA) said that British satellite broadcaster BSkyB (LON:BSY) has rejected its increased offer of GBP7.0 (USD10.3/EUR8.5) per share cash for the BSkyB stock it does not already own.
- PSM HOLDINGS SIGNS LOI TO ACQUIRE OKLAHOMA-BASED CBB
US mortgage brokerage PSM Holdings (OTCBB:PSMH) said it has inked a letter of intent (LoI) to buy Oklahoma-based sector player CBB.
- SPICE REJECTS CINVEN GBP200M OFFER APPROACH
British private equity firm Cinven said that UK utility support services provider Spice (LON:SPI) has rejected its takeover offer approach valuing the company at GBP200m (USD295m/EUR241m).
- FRENCH EXONHIT EYES DIAGNOSTICS BUYS OVER NEXT THREE YEARS TO GROW
French diagnostics and drugs specialist ExonHit (EPA:ALEHT) is looking to make more buys over the next three years in the diagnostics field, as it aims to become a top player in the growing sector.
- UK MAN GROUP EYES SMALL HEDGE FUND BUYS IN ASIA PACIFIC, NOT LOOKING AT LARGE DEALS-CEO
UK investment manager Man Group (LON:EMG) is not targeting any large acquisition in the near future, but it would consider buying small hedge fund companies in the Asia Pacific region.
- ISS ADVISES ROSTELECOM STOCKHOLDERS TO APPROVE MERGER WITH SVYAZINVEST UNITS, DAGSVYAZINFORM
Russian long-distance operator Rostelecom (MCX:RTKM) said that Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS) has recommended shareholders to approve the merger of seven Svyazinvest subsidiaries and wireline operator Dagsvyazinform into Rostelecom.
- US L&L ENERGY TO KEEP ON TALKS TO BUY CHINESE SHUNDA MINING
US-based L&L Energy Inc (NASDAQ:LLEN), which is active in the coal mining sector in China, said it has agreed to continue negotiations on the takeover of Chinese Shunda Mining Company, its two coal mines and a coal washing facility.
- LAURAL RESOURCES, ABTECH PLAN REVERSE MERGER
Canadian Laural Resources (OTC:LRAL), a start-up active in gold mining, said it had signed a letter of intent under which it will buy US environmental technologies firm Abtech Industries and Abtech's owners will take a majority in Laural via a reverse merger.
- EDF DELAYS SALE OF BRITISH NETWORKS
French utility EDF (EPA:EDF) has extended the deadline for getting bids for the electricity distribution networks of its British arm EDF Energy.
Status: Delayed; Auction
- RHODIA TO SHED SALICYLIC ACID UNIT
French chemicals producer Rhodia (EPA:RHA) said it would sell its salicylic acid business as it is not a strategic one for the group.
- POLAND PUSHES FOR LOCAL BUYER TO TAKE OVER BZ WBK FROM ALLIED IRISH BANKS
The Polish government and regulator are said to prefer a domestic company to buy Bank Zachodni WBK (WAR:BZW) from Allied Irish Banks (ISE:ALBK).
- KBC COULD CALL OFF PEEL HUNT SALE
Belgian financial services group KBC (EBR:KBC) will probably abandon the planned sale of its Peel Hunt broking unit in London if a management buyout fails.
Status: Auction; Speculation
- HUNGARY TO NEGOTIATE OPTIONS ON SURGUTNEFTEGAZ'S STAKE IN MOL
The government of Hungary will kick off talks with Surgutneftegaz (MCX:SNGS) over the options for Russian oil group's 21% stake in Hungarian sector player MOL (BDP:MOL).
- US MOSAIC DISCUSSES GRUPO FERTINAL ACQUISITION IN MEXICO
US fertiliser producer Mosaic (NYSE:MOS) is negotiating the acquisition of Mexico-based sector player Grupo Fertinal.
- US EXCEL STORAGE PRODUCTS TO TAKE OVER SECTOR FIRM W.C. CARDINAL
US rack systems producer Excel Storage Products LP said it has inked a letter of intent to take over Ohio-based sector firm W.C. Cardinal Company Inc for an undisclosed sum and in an attempt to widen its product and service range.
- GERMAN BILFINGER BERGER TO EXPLORE ACQUISITIONS
German construction group Bilfinger Berger (ETR:GBF) is considering acquisitions in emerging markets to support its growth plans.
- AXA DISCUSSES SALE OF UK LIFE, SAVINGS OPS TO RESOLUTION FOR GBP2.75BN
French insurer AXA (EPA:AXA) said it was negotiating the sale of some of its life and savings business in the UK to Resolution (LON:RSL) for GBP2.75bn (USD4bn/EUR3.3bn), although a deal is not certain at this point.
- IBM EYES US-ISRAELI STORWIZE
US computer giant IBM (NYSE:IBM) is negotiating the potential acquisition of US-Israeli data storage company Storwize for USD140m (EUR115m).
Status: Talks; Speculation
- CREDIT DU NORD IN EXCLUSIVE TALKS TO BUY BPCE RETAIL UNIT
Credit du Nord, a unit of French bank Societe Generale (EPA:GLE), said it has entered exclusive negotiations with sector player BPCE to acquire retail bank Societe Marseillaise de Credit for EUR872m (USD1.06bn) in a bid to expand its regional banking network.
- CABLEVISION MULLS OVER BUYING BRESNAN
Cablevision Systems (NYSE:CVC) is considering to buy US broadband Internet service provider Bresnan Communications for some USD1.3bn (EUR1.07bn).
((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org))
(c) 2010 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ InfoTech Spotlight's Homepage ]